Creative Workshop of musical instruments from recycled materials and ensemble music.The workshop involves the construction and the chance to play different musical instruments inspired by those of tribal and popular cultures around the world using urban solid waste, polluting residues of the contemporary society, but with a potential to be developed and explored .
Phases of the laboratory:
1. Sound walk through the sounds of the world, body and waste materials.
2. Instruments' decoration and construction.
3. Musical approach.
4. Instruments' orchestration.
By using recycled materials as a starting point , we will try to sensitize the participants on the idea of sustainable development by stimulating their creativity, encouraging the rediscovery of manual skills and suggesting a critical use of human resources and energy.
Different musical instruments will be constructed and played for the creation of one or more compositions.
• Employment of manual skills
• Acquirement of a practical approach to music
• Become aware of the expressive possibilities of music
• Become aware of the universality of musical language
• Play with music
• Learn how to turn simple objects into musical instruments
• Become aware of recycling and energy saving techniques
• Become aware of personal technical and artistic skills
• Share with the group moments of discovery and creativity
• Share with others the pleasure of playing and dancing
• Being able to play some rhythms and perform group melodies and harmonies
• Being able to sing in choir and accompanied by music
• Sense-perceptual activities
• Group discussions
• Creative and manipulative activities
• Ensemble music activities